A prize piece

 Another piece produced in a hurry, this was the prize for the performance contest at our local event, the Mnydd Gwyn Eisteddfod.  (It was won by Maredydd ap Gwillim).  Part of the hurry was that I didn't start it because I couldn't get any inspiration.  Then, when visiting the Battle of Tewkesbury re-enactment, my wife and I visited Tewkesbury Abbey, and she pointed out, high above us on a ceiling boss, an angel playing a harp.  It seemed appropriate, so I used it as the basis of a scroll, with a suitable border based on a 14th century manuscript page I found on the internet.  The entire piece was done in three days, just in time for the event.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long-awaited Laurel Scroll

Illuminated Poem: Ranulf, Earl of Chester

Winter Poem for Yule Ball